Thursday, January 21, 2016

Children's Hour January Birthday Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I have a fun January Birthday Card to share with you today.  I made it with some fabby Really Reasonable Ribbon and gorgeous Graphic 45 papers from the new Children's Hour Collection.  Since I have a very special auntie who is celebrating a January birthday, I wanted to make her a very special January birthday card.  So this one is for you Auntie Joyce!  I hope your birthday is as special as you are.
Childrens Hour January Birthday Card with Pocket 01

I picked up on the blues and golds in the January pages by accenting my card with loads of ribbon.  The belly band features one of my all time favorite ribbons: antique gold faux burlap ribbon with a wired edge. It adds wonderful texture to that gold pinstripe paper.
Childrens Hour January Birthday Card with Pocket 02

I wanted to add a little border on the top and bottom of this card, and found that this Antique Gold Canvas Color Band ribbon was the perfect choice.   Then I added a big poufy bow tied with soft and shimmery Old Gold 3/8" Satin with Gold Metallic Edges to add just the right amount of sparkle.  It makes me think of a glass of champagne, and what could be more perfect for a January Birthday card?  This was topped with a natural burlap string bow tied with red and antique gold burlap string.
Childrens Hour January Birthday Card with Pocket 03


I love to create pocket cards that I can stuff with all kinds of tags and goodies.  For this January Birthday card, I tucked in a handmade card of darling vintage buttons, a little sentiment tag and a bookmark that I topped with a sweet silver mittens charm.  I know lots of folks read books on their smart phones or Kindles, but I still like to turn the pages of a real book, and I'm betting Auntie Joyce does, too.
Here's a peeky at all the goodies that were tucked into the pocket.  I topped my tags with more of the old gold satin ribbon, but I also used a little snippet of Ivory, Rust and Gold Plaid ribbon to decorate my sentiment tag.  I hope the rich colors and beautiful textures of this card will brighten my auntie's birthday! Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

3 comments :

  1. Aww how pretty are your pocket cards so beautifully put together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Kathy! I bet your Auntie loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the Graphic 45 paper. Lovely ribbon and beautiful card. Nancy Hill

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say