Friday, August 16, 2013

Vintage Back to School Card

Well....like it or not...back to school is right around the corner. I know this because we just got back from  marching band camp meetings at the high school for my youngest. I for one am not ready for summer to be over...I miss my kiddos already. 
Here's a little card inspired by a vintage school book.
This image is super cute...I don't remember ever having kittens in the class when I went to grade school lol. I layered my vintage image over pretty patterned papers, added a few tiny paper clips and my favorite Burlap with Red and White edge.
Isn't this a very coordinating bow???? There's something about Red Gingham for school right?
Of course these trims came from Really Reasonable Ribbon..where else lol. Bonnie always has just the right trims for your projects. : )
Okay that's it for me....I know I'm not the only one holding onto summer for as long as I can.  Maybe if I just don't accept it ...it won't be over??? LOL That's me....living in the world of denial.
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) Huggs Ginny 

3 comments :

  1. What a great vintage card! So sweet and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "WOW"......simply beautiful XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous vintage card!! Love how you combined the rugged jutes with the feminine ribbons! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say