Monday, February 18, 2013

Vintage Garden Journal

Hello Friends!!
Happy Monday!!
Heather here and it is my turn to give you a little inspiration here on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.
Before I get going, I wanted to mention that Bonnie is having a sale going on right now!
President's Weekend Sale!!
You really need to check it out.  
Here is the project I would like to share with you today.
This is a Garden theme mini album journal that I have created.
  I used some fabulous ribbons and trims from
 Really Reasonable Ribbon.  
The new Jumbo leaves, Juliet Lace, green leaves, pink crochet lacechampagne ribbon, cotton candy baker's twine, three brown buttons, aqua shimmer satin and Big bitty bags....really make this album beautiful...at least I think so...LOL.
I used the candi fix it foam to elevate my beautiful  "Bird of a Feather" images.  The digital paper that I punched is also from Gecko Galz.  The images with the bags ribbons and trims...gives this journal a very vintage shabby chic style...which everyone knows is my favorite.
Here are some more close up below.
So if you are interested in seeing how my inside pages and tags turned out, you will have to come back and visit me on Tuesday February 26th, for my next post.  
I originally planned this tutorial for that date, but since 
Bonnie has such a great sale going on
I thought I would post a teaser now :0).
So...head over to the RRR store, and do a little shopping.

Things you will need
(you can see what I used above)
1.  Big Bitty Bags (I used 3 but I will give dimensions for a 6 bag journal as well).  Pick colors you love.
2.  Ribbons, lace and trims...that fit your style.
3.  2 or 4 Ranger #8 Manilla tags
4.  6-12 size A2 cards (they fit perfect in the big bitty bags).
5.  1/4 or 1/8th score tape
6.   Buttons
7.  Card stock 
8.  Patterned Paper or Digital papers
9.  Embossing folder
Of course distress inks, glue, scissors, sand paper and some snacks!!
See you back here February 26th!!
Hugs!!
Heather

6 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say