Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BEE MINE


I love Valentine's Day -- almost more than any other holiday! It must come from my incredible love for chocolate and being romantic at heart.  :) The love for bee things is a little different -- I am very allergic to bee stings, but for some reason, just love the dies, stamps, and little bee knickknacks I find. As long as they aren't real, I am good with them!
I made this valentine greeting using dies from CottageCutz. I had originally started to make a typical yellow and black card using my new cute little Bumblebee Mini Die, but then I took a pink turn (which happens frequently since it's my favorite color) and made my card into a valentine instead.
The Scalloped Doily provided a fun background for my Prima pink flower. I sponged Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo on the bees' wings for a little depth. 
A little Anastasia White Lace (new in the RRR Store!), wrapped around the narrow panel and with a bow, added a sweet texture to match the doily. I love this lace!
I do enjoy watching real bees as they fly from flower to flower in the spring and summer. These bees are buzzin' around to wish you an early Happy Valentine's Day~!
 







Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Prima and stash DP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink
Accents: Scalloped Doily and Bumblebee Mini Dies (CottageCutz), tulle flower (Prima), Anastasia White Lace (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Pearl pearls (Kaiser), rub-on letters

7 comments :

  1. Pretty card Judy. I love the way the Anastasia lace goes with that pretty doily die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card... great detail.
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy,

    That is SO PRETTY!!! :) I have a thing for bees, too...and I think they're so cute with a hive.

    Thanks for taking the time to share!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY SWEET!!!!!!!! LOVE that LACE!!!!!! ( I dare say, WE don't like the REAL THING in BEES either! :) These paper ones ARE CUTE! )

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say