Friday, September 21, 2012

Hemp Border Tutorial

Hi. Lisa Lara here as September's Guest Designer. 
Today I'm going to show you how to make a border using
 20 lb Hemp Variegated Spool red/white
 
First draw your guidelines.  I measured 1/4" from the outside edge all the way around my panel with a ruler and pencil.  Then I punched a hole at the intersection of my lines on all corners using a 1/16" hole punch. 


Erase your guide lines.  Then thread a piece of hemp first in one hole, adhere to the back then thread the other end in the other corner on the same side and adhere at the back. I used score tape to adhere.
 
Here is what it looks on the back after I threaded one piece through for one side of my panel. Now do the same for the rest of the sides. TIP* I used the lead at the end of a mechanical pencil to push the second piece of hemp through (it is a tight fit).
 
Here is the front view with all sides finished.
 

Here's the back view of the completed front. 



I attached my panel to my card base using 1/8" foam tape. Voila. 
 

7 comments :

  1. Bell'idea, sicuramente la userò per le card natalizie, grazie mille!!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and perfect project to share, nice to have you as a guest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa always does wonderful and adorable cards and is so very talented! And, best of all, her cards always bring a smile to my face! Awesome tutorial and wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and what a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial, Lisa. Easy to do with your instructions ... but it looks oh-so fabulous! :)
    The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever, Lisa! I'm going to give this a try. Should be easy with your clear instructions!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say