Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baker's Twine Tips

\
Hi! I really love using baker's twine, and I like to thread it through buttons and such. I also threaded it back and forth through some of the lace for an accent.Sometimes it's hard to get it through the holes, especially if you use more than one piece. I have a quick tip that makes it easy. Just take a tiny piece of double sided tape, put it right on the very ends of both pieces and twist, kind of like the end of a shoe string! Then it's easy to get it through anything you want it to go through!!!!
I used that technique on this card, along with lots of stickles!!!
Here are a couple of closeups where you can see where I ran it through the button and also the pretty lace.


supplies used:
pink ribbon

I added some "faux stitching" with my Zig markers. I just used a vintage image and then used different colors of stickles on it to bring out some dimension. I hope you play with your baker's twine and have fun using mixed colors and combinations!!! 

Thanks so stopping by and please come back to see what's next!!!

3 comments :

  1. Awesome! I love the way you twisted the twine through...way cool! Your card totally rocks, gf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow....gld I came over here..you know I love me some vintagey shabby goodness. It is beautiful Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card hun! I love the how you used the bakers twine , very very pretty!!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say