Friday, December 9, 2011

Oreo Truffles


Hello everyone and welcome to another recipe post for Really Reasonable Ribbon this week. Today I'm sharing a recipe that my son loves to make :) My gift bag with ribbon was designed using Really Reasonable Ribbon's Beautiful Satins!

Now, I've never made these before.  I'm more of a cook, not a baker...hehehehehehe.  My son loves making these oreo truffles and he does an awesome job on them. They are sooooo YUMMY!
Oreo Truffle Recipe is-

what you need

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg.  (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), 1 pkg white chocolate for coating these just melt so many squares in the microwave and if you need more do moreDirections-



MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 spoons to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffles with spoons, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place truffles on prepared baking sheet; let stand until firm
use wax paper on baking sheet .
HOW TO STORE
Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.



Supplies used-
Really Reasonable Ribbons Red Satin
Really Reasonable Ribbons White Satin with Gold edge 
Red embossed cardstock/white
Reindeer /The pixie Cottage stamps
Copics to color
Bag
Truffles

Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed my post for today!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl



10 comments :

  1. My daughter just found a recipe so similar and made them in milk chocolate...absolutely devine.
    All I said to her was "five minutes on the lips and a lifetime on the hips"...gorgeous tag on your little packet of heaven..lol..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! My cousin makes these often at Christmas. They're good. :) And what cute Christmas treat bags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound yummy! How fun to share them sweetie.
    Oh yea your packaging is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are my kids favorites!! We call them oreo bonbons though. They taste like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, sounds yummy!!Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my they look yummy and fatening to HA HA HA!
    have to try them next year. this year I am making cookies and candy.
    marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hrm...I'm not into the cheesecakey thing, so not a recipe for me, per se. (I like vegan cream cheese, just don't like it with sweet things.) But I love the adorable little reindeer tag. I've got to check out that stamp company. Always glad to find a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe I will have to try!!! Sounds like it taste really yummy!!!! Thank you for it....and I love...love...your packaging....awesome job...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - these look and sound positively sinfully delicious! I will definitely be trying these - sure to become a favorite! Love your little treat bag - cute image :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say