Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Puffy Ribbon Technique




Hello, It's Connie again! I have a super quick and easy ribbon technique for you today! I was not sure what it is called so I decided on the puffy ribbon technique. If you have a better name, or know what it is called, please let me know! LOL!! Here I have used some 1.5" brown wrinkled satin ribbon, and some jute string. I took some small pieces of twine, and tied it around the wrinkled satin ribbon about an inch apart to give it the "puffy" portions of the ribbon treatment!

This wonderful Dahlia image will be released from Our Daily Bread Designs June 1st! I stamped it four times, colored each image with copics and cut out each layer to
give it some dimension! The base of the card was stamped with the Crocheted background stamp (which will also be released June 1st) in early espresso and sponged with crumb cake ink. The wonderful DP is from Prima, and this sketch is from this week's Mojo Monday sketch!

Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Connie

7 comments :

  1. Beautiful card! I love the puffy ribbon technique and that crocheted background stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just sooo cool, and I´m definately going to try this soon. I love all new ways of using ribbons, as I just loves ribbons, and like to use it in as many ways as possible, and this looks pretty cool. Thanks sooo much for sharing the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. again you are making me say "wow" aloud, when reading your wonderful ideas!

    have to try it...such a fab effect on the ribbon!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you are so crafty clever Connie. It looks gorgeous on your card. Must try this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great technique, wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card. And a ribbon technique even I can do - but very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say